I’ve been married for 9 years, and I wish I would have had some advice about marriage before I got married. If I could go back in time and tell my newly engaged self anything it would be this.
- It’s okay not to know what your doing everyone feels this way.
- It’s okay to be vulnerable with your husband he has your back
- Not everything is worthy of getting an attitude about
- Know that you are going to have rough times but the true test of your marriage is working it out.
- Just because his parents don’t like you doesn’t mean you need to take it out on him.
- You don’t have to be right about everything, winning is not always important.
As I have become more seasoned in my marriage I’m realizing that doing life with my husband is so much fun. I don’t need to win every argument. I don’t need to tell him what he is doing wrong all the time. I need to love and support him. I need him to know that when he comes home from work I am his comfort. I don’t always do things right in my marriage but I’m working at it. I felt like love would get me through my marriage, but now I understand it’s commitment. I’m committed to not giving up when it gets hard. I’m committed to doing my best daily. I’m still learning and growing, but I appreciate my marriage more today than ever.