I read a book called Am I Enough by Grace Valentine. This book I encourage for all women, but mostly teen girls. I know that this is a question that we all have asked ourselves. But this book title really got me thinking about am I enough. That question made me really think because a part of me doesn’t feel like I’m enough. I don’t feel pretty enough, good enough, smart enough, wise enough and just plain not enough. I’ve learned in this book to take a step back and not concentrate on what other’s say about you but what God say’s about you. You are enough in his eye’s. Why am I trying to please the world when God opinion of me is more important. This book made me realize that I’m not the only one who struggles with am I enough. We all have insecurities that we don’t want people to know about. I struggled with this when I got married and had kids. My worth I questioned a lot, but I had to remember who’s I am and what God say’s about me in his word. I want everyone who reads this to understand that you are enough. No matter what you struggle with. Shut out the world’s voices and listen to the one who created you and loves you. Here are 8 points in the book that I want you to get.
- You are beautiful because God created you in his image.
- God gives his love to you freely
- Your past does not define you.
- Your purpose is to reflect God as you love those around you
- The most important number is one
- Your weakness presents an opportunity for God to display His strength
- God writes the best love stories
- God wants to be your closet friend